Grinder/Mob Farm rules

You got an idea to improve SkyEden? Come share it here
Pandoric

Grinder/Mob Farm rules

Post by Pandoric » August 13th, 2017, 7:00 am

So, from what I gathered, all the rules pertaining to either making a grinder/mob farm basically make it impossible for someone to ever create a grinder/farm

We have:
They have to be able to hit you
You have to hit them at least once
You cannot afk it
No moving them from their spawn points (An exception to this is pigmen and possibly endermen, as you can use natural aggression to attract them, keep reading)
You have to kill all the mobs (This applies to pigmen, so you can't use a singular pigman and use its aggression to attract the rest)
If there are any rules I missed, please inform me on it <3

But as you can see, all these rules basically make it impossible to create a grinder/farm, limiting your options to only a darkroom to kill mobs in.

I would like to propose that we remove a rule or two, as that can allow us to still make working grinders/farms but still have them not be absolutely insane and overpowered. If staff were to take this into consideration, maybe a poll released or a talk amongst other members of the staff to decide which rule(s) would be removed would be nice.

And, if grinders/mob farms are just completely flat out banned and we're limited to only a darkroom, please tell me, as I don't need to bother anybody futher with this <3

lordkigam

Re: Grinder/Mob Farm rules

Post by lordkigam » August 13th, 2017, 9:40 pm

In essence the server does not allow the use or construction of grinders or mob farms in any way. The reason for the restrictive rules is that people try to get around this on technicalities.

Pandoric

Post by Pandoric » August 14th, 2017, 2:32 am

lordkigam wrote:
August 13th, 2017, 9:40 pm
In essence the server does not allow the use or construction of grinders or mob farms in any way. The reason for the restrictive rules is that people try to get around this on technicalities.
Thank you very much for clearing this up, I'll make sure not to push this further <3

lordkigam

Post by lordkigam » August 14th, 2017, 3:20 pm

Do not worry about it, there are a lot of rules on the server that could do to be written down more clearly.